Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: Two years
Job Posting: Mar 18, 2020, 10:11:33 PM
Closing Date: Apr 7, 2020, 9:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Indonesia-Jakarta
Organization: SE_INO WR Office, Indonesia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
WHO is the specialized agency of the United Nations with the objectives to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable. The WHO Indonesia Country Office directs and coordinates the authority for health by supporting the Indonesian Government in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies and plans and through WHO's technical cooperation programmes, integrating a gender, equity and human-rights based approach. WHO seeks to address the pledge of leaving no one behind in the programme areas to achieve the national health goals by providing needs-based technical assistance in national level policy formulation, setting norms and standards, improving knowledge dissemination, monitoring country health situation and building sustainable institutional capacity, to play a greater leadership role in different national technical forums as well as contribute to regional and global public health platforms.The objective of the planning unit is to strengthen the WCO and enhance collaboration with national health authorities and partners by providing technical support and assistance in health planning, resource mobilization and management of WHO collaborative programmes, and by providing increased interface through advocacy and documentation.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of Planning Officer and overall supervision of WHO Deputy Representative, the incumbent will:
1. Provide support in planning and developing work plans in accordance with the Country Cooperation Strategy and the Organization's as well as national health policies and procedures.
2. Monitor the implementation of GOI/WHO collaborative programme activities including: collection and analysis of data on implementation status from GSM.
3. Facilitate programme implementation by ensuring timely workplan funding, award creation and distribution, budgeting of activity and HR workplans.
4. Comply with the WHO policies on deadlines on and management of budgets.
5. Provide support to close coordination with the MOH and its Directorates for smooth planning, implementation of and reporting on WHO collaborative project/programme activities.
6. Work in close collaboration with WCO technical programmes and the Human Resource unit to provide support to formulation and management of activity and HR workplans.
7. Coordinate with technical units and South-East Asia Regional Office (SEARO) to draft and obtain clearance for financial management reports and requests for certified financial statements.
8. Work in close coordination with concerned units in SEARO, especially PPC on matters related to WCO Indonesia programme budget formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting issues.
9. Assist TO Planning and WR in all matters related to General Programme of Work (GPW), programme budget and WHO Governing Body meetings.
10. Perform any other duties as assigned by TO PLN and Deputy WR.
Essential: University degree in Medicine, Public Health, or other relevant degree.
Desirable: Advanced University degree in related field or MBA
Essential: At least two years of experience in the area of specialization.
Desirable: Experience in: finance, administration, programme/workplan formulation and monitoring in WHO or another UN agency.
- Thorough knowledge of programme planning and management;
- Administrative knowledge of the functioning of ministries and related departments
- Demonstrated ability to work in harmony with national/international staff
- Excellent writing skills including ability to present technical information
- Ability to produce results, conceptualize issues, analyse qualitative and quantitative data, and to write coherent and concise briefing documents
Good knowledge of WHO/UN administrative and financial rules, processes and procedures
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at IDR 402,213,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Please apply online from https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2001214
The WHO South-East Asia Regional Office (SEARO) located in New Delhi, India, covers 11 countries, including Indonesia. Independently, Indonesia opted to join the South East Asia Region classification when it joined WHO on 23 May 1950.
Within Indonesia, WHO collaborates in a wide scope of health development activities. The country is both the 4th most populous country and the largest archipelago in the world. Its population of 270 million inhabits some of its 17,000 islands with rich geographical contour sitting on the most active volcanic ring.
Currently, the collaboration between the WHO Country Office to Indonesia (WHO Indonesia) with the Government of Indonesia, represented mainly by the Ministry of Health, are covering 5 categories:
The specific focused areas are control of tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, malaria, vaccine preventable diseases, mental health, injuries prevention, nutrition and prevention of noncommunicable diseases. Other collaboration areas include developing he quality of mother and child care, healthy ageing, food safety, human resources, medicines, health systems information, international health regulations, epidemic, pandemic disease and emergencies response.
On 1st January 2014 Indonesia launched a national health insurance programme called Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional (JKN). With Universal Health Coverage is one focus WHO endorses, WHO Country Office for Indonesia is supporting the country to reach full population coverage by 2019.
Understanding how health always intertwines with other sectors, WHO also collaborates with other partners. Within the UN system, WHO works with other UN agencies through the United Nations Partnership for Development Framework (UNPDF).
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll match you to the most relevant Hospital Please provide some additional details for your application Almost there - Please provide some details about your job search in general