National Professional Officer (Health Financing)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: Two years
Closing Date: Aug 27, 2019, 5:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Indonesia-Jakarta
Organization: SE_INO WR Office, Indonesia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
Note: Candidates who have already applied to this vacancy, need not apply again.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The WHO Country Office collaborates with the Government of Indonesia and relevant stakeholders within the framework of the collaborative Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) to provide technical assistance to the Government in the formulation of national health policies, strategies and plan of actions and developing systems, frameworks and tools for monitoring and evaluation of interventions for improving access, quality, and affordability of integrated and people-centered health services.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the TO (Health Financing) and overall guidance of TO (Health System + Universal Health Coverage) and WHO Representative, the incumbent will be working with the national authorities and other relevant stakeholders to perform the following:
· - Provide technical support in the implementation of the health financing strategy, and its platforms of implementation.
· - Provide technical support in the design, implementation and evaluation of essential health services package to be delivered at district level.
· - Assist in regular policy review and evaluation of the health financing strategy and the implementation of the essential health service package.
· - Support the MoH in establishing and nurturing an effective inter-governmental coordination mechanism for ensuring financial risk protection against the costs of ill health.
· - Assist the MoH to its institutional capacity development efforts in health financing and priority setting.
· - Support costing exercises that will inform the design and implementation of the essential health service package.
· - Assist in strengthening mechanisms and tools for adopting strategic purchasing (e.g. capitation financing models, selective contracting and pay for performance).
· - Support efforts to enhance the generation, analysis/interpretation and use of evidence on health financing and the essential service delivery package.
· - Support the implementation of communication strategy to increase awareness in UHC and health financing.
· -Support the MoH and relevant partners in efforts to strengthen the district health system (DHS).
· - Contribute to UHC and overall health systems development efforts in Indonesia, including strengthening of the DHS.
· - Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: University degree in health economics or health financing or a related field.
Desirable: Postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD) in public health, health financing, health policy/planning or health management/administration. Additional training in health economics will be an added value
Essential: At least two years of relevant experience in health systems development or social health protection, with a focus on health financing.
Desirable: Working experience in an international organization or reputable national institution.
Essential: - Demonstrated expertise in health systems development and health financing. - Demonstrated experience in inter-sectoral collaboration and ability to work with other agencies and development partners. - Technical expertise and Overall attitude at work are also required mandatory competencies.
Other skills (eg. IT): Proficiency in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Bahasa, Indonesia.
Please apply online using the following link:
WHO in Indonesia
Founded on 7 April 1948, the World Health Organization (WHO) is an organization consisted of 194 member states. While WHO gives guidance on global health matters, it is the member states that decide on global policies to address global health concerns through an annual assembly mechanism.
Through its country offices, the organization provides technical supports to the government of the member states. Additionally, supports are also given by WHO’s 6 regional offices and headquarters. Independently, Indonesia opted to be in the South East Asia Region with other 10 countries including Thailand and India when it joined WHO on 23 May 1950.
Currently, the collaboration between the WHO Country Office to Indonesia (WHO Indonesia) with the Government of Indonesia, represented mainly by the Ministry of Health, are covering 5 categories (communicable and noncommunicable diseases, promoting health through the life-course, development of health system particularly on policies, and preparedness, surveillance and response).
The specific focused areas are control of tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, malaria, vaccine preventable diseases, mental health, injuries prevention, nutrition and prevention of noncommunicable diseases. Other collaboration areas include developing he quality of mother and child care, healthy ageing, food safety, human resources, medicines, health systems information, international health regulations, epidemic, pandemic disease and emergencies response.
On 1st January 2014 Indonesia launched a national health insurance programme called Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional (JKN). With Universal Health Coverage is one focus WHO endorses, WHO Country Office for Indonesia is supporting the country to reach full population coverage by 2019.
Understanding how health always intertwines with other sectors, WHO also collaborates with other partners. Within the UN system, WHO works with other UN agencies through the United Nations Partnership for Development Framework (UNPDF).
Mohon berikan detail tambahan tentang lamaran Anda Hampir Selesai- Mohon berikan beberapa detail untuk pencarian pekerjaan Anda secara umum